Nursery Pre-School Apprentice L3, Pear Tree Nursery, Sherborne Lower Covey Montessori Nursery School
Friendly Nursery in Sherborne have a great opportunity to train an Apprentice and develop their child care career. Our qualified staff welcome applications from a fun, caring and positive person to join us in our setting providing Montessori Education and Forest School.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
27 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will work alongside our experienced and qualified staff to offer high quality care to children whilst following their programme of study on their Advanced Apprenticeship.
They will work with a variety of age groups, planning and carrying out fun and stimulating activities and assisting with the everyday running of the nursery.
The baby and toddler room caters for children from birth to 3 years old. The room has been set out into specific areas of learning and development to cover the entire curriculum.
The Montessori classroom caters for children from 3 years to school age.
Of note, we are also looking to recruit at our other setting, Lower Covey Montessori Nursery in Yetminster. Please see separate listing.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team
Willingness to learn new skills
Engage fully with the children, parents and staff
- Good communicator
- The ability to get transport to the nursery is a must
- A-C GCSE in Maths and English Language or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of this Apprenticeship you will undertake the following:
Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) L3
- Mandatory units with the Diploma:
- Developing effective study skills.
- Promote partnership with parents.
- Promote and support positive behaviour.
- Principles of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Working in partnership with Colleagues and other professionals.
- Plan and implement activities, play opportunities and educational programmes.
- Promoting children’s health and welfare in the early years setting.
- Promoting the health and Safety of children.
- Plus optional units.
- ICT Functional Skills L2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Technical Certificate – designed to improve your knowledge and understanding of specific topics related to your trade.
National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – achieved through the tasks you do at work, NVQs are proof of your ability and practical skills.
Functional Skills: General skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number.
Employment Rights and Responsibilities: A workbook for you to do to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee, and your employer’s responsibilities towards you.
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS): Provide a framework for describing the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and life. The PLTS framework has been developed and refined over a number of years in consultation with employers, parents, schools, students and the wider public.
You will attend Yeovil College one day each week.
An Assessor will visit the setting to carry out observations.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Honey Morris 01935 845397 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017