Manufacturing Apprentice Profins Ltd
Profins based in Peterlee, have been in business for over 40 years. They are a leading manufacturer of heat exchanger tubes, which includes finned tubes and U tubes. They are looking for 2 apprentices to work with them who will be trained to become a main operator of both the finning and U bending process.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include;
- The role will involve manufacturing finned tubes and U tubes for heat exchangers. It will involve working on two different types of finning machines and learning how to use manual and automated U bending machines.
- Additional processes to learn include using a gas and electric furnace, saw cutting, hydrotesting machine, crane usage and potentially fork lift driving.
- The apprentice will also be required to carry out quality checks during production and will need to complete production sheets.
- They will be working in a general shop floor working environment and will need to follow all Health and Safety rules and will be expected to maintain a tidy working environment.
Requirements and prospects
- Being a methodical worker
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude
- Able to identify areas to improve (and not be frightened to question and suggest new ideas)
GCSE (or equivalent) grade 9-4 / A-C in maths and English would be advantageous but not essential.
Profins Ltd is a small company and we are always keen to promote people with the right skill sets; depending on the type of person, this could be into a supervisory role, quality role or even sales role.
About the employer
Since our inception in 1978, Profins have become one of the world's foremost manufacturers and suppliers of heat exchanger tubes.
Initially created to manufacture high-quality finned tubes for air-cooled heat exchangers, our product portfolio has evolved over the course of 35 years experience within the thermal transfer business.
Our portfolio now includes a stock of 1,000+ tonnes of plain heat exchanger tubes for use in shell and tube heat exchangers and an in-house bending facility to ensure that the majority of jobs in this sector can be turned around within a matter of days.
Add to this our supply of aluminium finned tube support boxes, header plugs and gaskets and we believe that we have succeeded in our endeavour to become a one-stop solution to our customers' needs.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.