Apprentice Welder / Fabricator Crushing And Screening Limited
Crushing and Screening are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as Metal Fabricator. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Metal Fabrication.
Closing date: 16 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Feb 2022
17 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work
- Fabricating and constructing metal components
- Welding (to a high standard) fabrications
- Grinding and finishing completed products
- Performing quality self-checks on completed products
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations
Requirements and prospects
- Currently training as a fabricator / welder, preferably already advanced on this training program
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, flame cutters, and drill presses
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Confident and a quick learner
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Possibility of a job upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
About the employer
We are looking for a talented metal fabricator to build high-quality metal components for our clients. As a metal fabricator, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering drawings, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing self-checks of quality on finished products. You may also be required to set up fabricating machines and design custom templates.
Crushing And Screening Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Marty Harris 01845 525288 email@example.com
- Level 3 qualification in Metal Fabrication
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.