Supply Chain Operator Level 2 Apprentice BCA FLEET SOLUTIONS 2 LIMITED
The post holder is responsible for the allocation of work to Drivers within the region in which they operate, planning and liaising with them regarding the loads they are given.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
15 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The post holder’s key responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Looking after the Driver Allocation for the specific region
- To ensure the liaison between the transport function and the yard functions is maintained and there is a smooth flow of communication.
- Co-ordinating the most efficient use of drivers within the wider team, in order to achieve total driver utilisation.
- Maximising drivers available hours whilst staying, at all times, within drivers hours legislation.
- Monitoring and managing driver performance against expectations and challenge inefficiencies or poor practices.
- Observing driver adherence to best practice through the use of internal vehicle tracking systems.
- Highlighting any productivity concerns to the Allocation Team Leader.
- Updating the helpdesk team on any likely failed or late deliveries/collections.
- Co-ordinating with the handling agent at collection delivery points to resolve any issues to minimise driver delays.
- Ensure daily communication with drivers takes place to confirm workload expectations and achievement timescales.
- Planning all drivers workloads and ensuring scheduled maintenance is met in line with company requirements.
- Routing the drivers in a way that minimises any empty mileage.
- Any other duties that are reasonably assigned to you.
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills, eager to learn, develop and progress.
English and Maths GCSE’s (at Grade 4 or C) or equivalent preferred but not essential
Become part of the transport planning team in your specific region, within the largest automotive logistics business within the UK. As part of the BCA Group there are many opportunities for progression in a fast paced and exciting workplace.
About the employer
We are the UK’s number one provider of vehicle movement services for the automotive sector. Our services cover:
- Bulk delivery for:
- OEMs – Vehicle Manufacturers
- Rental/Fleet Companies
BCA FLEET SOLUTIONS 2 LIMITED
VALKYRIE SUPPORT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Valkyrie Support Services Ltd
Emma Humphreys 01889 566263 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will receive onsite training to gain the skills required for the job role and will be visited onsite regularly by a Valkyrie tutor in order to achieve the Supply Chain Operator Apprenticeship.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.