Pharmacy services assistant level 2 S K F Lo Chemist
You will be part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team providing expert healthcare to the local community. Working with a team of professionals and helping with day-to-day tasks such as consultations, dispensing medicine and general admin, the suitable candidate will be spending time in both the retail and dispensary sides of the pharmacy.
Closing date: 21 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Jan 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team providing expert healthcare to the local community. This position requires someone who can learn quickly as the job has a variety of roles and responsibilities.
Job roles include:
- Labelling and dispensing of medicines
- Selling and advising on over the counter products (full training will be given)
- Ordering of stock
- Liaising with GPs and nurses
- Providing medicines to nursing homes
- Day-to-day running tasks of the pharmacy
- Providing good customer service
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- Good communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Basic IT skills
- Able to work as a team member or unsupervised
- Able to listen and empathise
- Candidates must be punctual and friendly. Must be willing to work as part of a team other pharmacists and work hard to achieve the apprenticeship qualification and help the company grow as a whole.
- You will be enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible and self-motivated
- You will have a genuine interest in pharmacy services
- Be discrete and respectful
9 - 4 (A* - C) In English and maths or equivalent qualification
On completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship, individuals will have the opportunity to apply to progress on to the Advanced Apprenticeship, if they have the required grades.
About the employer
Lo's Pharmacy are a family run group of 25 NHS community pharmacies principally operating in the Yorkshire region (serving Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Ackworth, Acomb, Elland, Chickenley, and Carleton, Lancashire).
Founded in 1992 by Steven Lo, The Lo’s Pharmacy Group has come a long way from its beginning in a single shop in Ackworth, Pontefract. When Steven Lo first started out, his passion for helping his patients and delivering a friendly service for the community drove him to provide innovative services to his patients, such as medicine management and home delivery.
We provide free prescription collection services from our local surgeries, and free prescription delivery services to the local area (speak to staff for further details). We also provide a range of services such as minor ailments schemes, stop smoking support, medicines use reviews, flu vaccination services (private and NHS services).
We also have over 8000 items available for purchase on our website with big discounts and better prices than supermarkets and other online pharmacies.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Pharamcy Services Assistant
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- In-house training
- Knowledge qualification is delivered via e-learning.
- Functional Skills at level 2 in math's and English delivered via blended learning (e-learning and assessed activity / examination either in the classroom or workplace.
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities are delivered via a workbook and completed in the workplace.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.