Level 3 Hairdressing Apprentice Georgina Newman
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Rushden. The Refinery Hair & Beauty is looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice to join the team and be part of an on going learning experience.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
16 Feb 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Customer service - greeting guests and visitors to the salon, as well as handling telephone enquiries
- Carrying out level 2 services to a high standard
- Playing a part in preparing the client ready for their service, including refreshments, magazines, gowns and general comfort
- Ensuring the client is happy, comfortable and informed throughout their visit
- Listening to the needs of guests, visitors and colleagues and informing others of any relevant information, offering meaningful, relevant conversation
- Attend designated training times
- Complete all project work and tests set by assessors and instructors in agreed timeframe
- Providing suitable training models when requested and having them on call if needed
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the service being provided, this may include removing colours and blow-drying hair under supervision if required
- Housekeeping, keeping salon tidy
- Keeping a positive salon atmosphere
- Attendance at salon activities
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- Organised and time keeping skills
- Excellent hairdressing skills
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Committed to your hairdressing career
- Level 2 Hairdressing qualification is essential.
- Maths and English at grade 3/D or equivalent
- Salon experience
To run your own column within a busy salon.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an Apprentice in the Hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing Apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of standing.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the Hairdressing industry.
Please be aware you will need to be able to carry out level 2 standard services to a high standard and a trades test will be required.
About the employer
Signature Salon Paul Mitchell, Wella Colour Experts.
Morroccan oil specialist & Ikoo stockist.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Advanced Hairdressing
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Advanced and creative hair professional
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.