Apprentice Care Assistant Greta Cottage
Greta Cottage are looking for a candidate that is passionate about helping people to work for their company. This is an amazing opportunity to start your career in Care. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, empathetic and trustworthy.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
In this role you will be working with other care assistants to provide quality care to the residents, this will include completing a range of duties each day.
Duties to include:
- Ensure Residents are at the heart of care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing
- To contribute to the efficient running of the service
- Support Residents to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community
- Ensure Care Plans and other information about how to support Residents are followed
- Be responsible for informing the Head of Care/Senior Carer of any changes in the needs of Residents
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support
Applicants must be able to:
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees within Greta Cottage
- Work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary teams to maximise opportunities for Residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work well as a team and to be able to work alone using own initiative
- Be able to speak up and ask for help when needed
- Treating people with kindness
- Understanding the importance of empathy in all areas of employment
- Understanding the values of others and always providing a caring service
- GCSE maths and English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Transport to and from Saltburn including difficulties with public transport
- Covid-19 requirements. Double Vaccinated, Regular Testing and PPE
- Includes working weekends and Bank holidays including Christmas and New Year
About the employer
Greta Cottage provides care and accommodation for a maximum number of 29 older people and / or older people with dementia. Greta Cottage is a converted Victorian House in a residential area of Saltburn- by- the- Sea. Accommodation is provided over two floors. There is an enclosed garden to the rear of the home. The home is close to local amenities such as shops, pubs and public transport.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Redcar & Cleveland College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Maths and English, if required
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.