Technical Support Apprentice Netsupport Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company which is based locally who has been at the forefront of developing innovative solutions to aid in the management of desktop computers and their users.
Closing date: 12 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
19 Jul 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a busy customer support team; the successful applicant will learn to provide telephone and on-line support to existing and potential customers, assist with problem diagnosis and aid in recreating working environments for reproducing problems.
Duties to include;
- To ensure that all reported problems are logged correctly and that problem records are kept up to date, allowing other analysts to use this information to quickly gain knowledge of the problem status and for reports to be used to learn about common issues.
- Recreating Customers environments by installing systems and networks. This may involve installation of systems and research other software products.
- Diagnosing software problems with the NetSupport Range of products
- Documenting customers environments and how problems can be provoked
- Documenting solutions to problems
- Documenting and researching customers ideas and suggestions for product changes and enhancements
- Communicating with customers via email, chat, phone to understand a customer’s problem and to provide
- To escalate to a senior member of staff where appropriate any problems or issues that cannot be resolved satisfactorily within the agreed guidelines or have important commercial prospects.
Requirements and prospects
- A reasonable knowledge of computer hardware
- A reasonable knowledge of Computer Networks
- Competence in Microsoft office products
- Competence in using the internet for research
- Ability to diagnose problems with any software / application or hardware as necessary.
- Knowledge of Routers and firewalls is preferred but not essential
- A knowledge of Databases is preferred but not essential
- Previous knowledge and experience using the Mac platform is preferred but not essential
Knowledge and Soft Skills:
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good customer skills both orally and written
- Willingness to contribute to and be part of a successful team
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritise workload under pressure
- Completely focused on the success of the team
- Calm, courteous and polite manner.
Ideally the candidate will have excellent communication skills with a high level of literacy.
Minimum level of GCSE's at A* - C or equivalent qualifications are required in Maths, English and ICT.
- For the right candidate, you may be offered to progress to the next apprenticeship or offered full-time employment
Things to consider
There is an extensive amount of training and observation within this position before you will be allowed to deal with customers.
About the employer
Netsupport products are available in over 90 countries worldwide and currently support over 9 million desktops, servers and mobile devices. Netsupport are pioneers in the use of Remote Control technology.
The company offers a full range of advice and services including pre and post sales support, software installation and product training.
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
Stacey Mason firstname.lastname@example.org
Training will be provided by City College Peterborough. Training is work based, meaning you spend the majority of time within the workplace but will be released into college periodically if needed.
During this apprenticeship you will work towards the Information communication Technician Standard: Level 3.
Functional skills if needed.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices is £2.73 per hour from 1st October 2014. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.