Software Development Technician Apprentice Central Technology Limited
The aim of the DevOps Engineer is to improve the Company’s methods of working, reduce the labour input for repetitive tasks, improve the availability of information and improve the integration of the various systems used by the business.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Apr 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
About The Role:
The aim of the DevOps Engineer is to improve the Company’s methods of working, reduce the labour input for repetitive tasks, improve the availability of information and improve the integration of the various systems used by the business. The ultimate result will be improved levels of service, reduced man-hours, improved working methods, improved staff and customer experience and ultimately increase profit levels.
You will be responsible for analysing the Company’s technical support tickets to identify trends and potential areas where standardisation and automation can reduce engineer time. The engineer will then be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the automation using the systems in place or via new, alternative systems.
You will also work closely with the DevOps Manager, Operations Manager and Directors to identify areas of integration which would improve the Company’s work processes and improve the level of service offered by the engineering teams. These integrations will then be designed, developed and implemented by the DevOps team.
Wherever possible, the DevOps engineer will work closely with the development teams of the major suppliers to increase knowledge and obtain development assistance for the integrations required by the Company.
The DevOps engineer will design, develop, implement and manage the early warning reporting system to enable the Company to identify potential Technical Support issues before they arise and enable the Technical Teams to carry out any preventative actions.
- Develop critical business systems to improve efficiency where engineering labour time is required
- Develop and design performance reports to enable account managers to present the Return on Investment achieved from a support contract
- Manage your own workload effectively
- Production of reports, wallboards and data access for teams throughout the company using SQL Reporting Services
- Migration of internal working data to the Microsoft SharePoint 365 platform
- Scripting automation, monitoring and development for end user systems using PowerShell, Batch and .NET Framework
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving skills
- Selft motivated
- 5 GCSE (9*-4/A*-C) (or equivalent) including English and maths
- Good standard of practical application of literacy and numeracy
- Basic knowledge or experience of a programming language e.g. .NET (MVC & Core), PowerShell etc / database queries e.g. MS SQL or MySQL / Microsoft SharePoint / API’s
- A good understanding of the Azure suite and how Azure authentication works
- This is an apprenticeship position with the opportunity of progression if you prove to be a valuable member of the team
Things to consider
- Free onsite parking with EV charging points
- Air-conditioned offices with shower facilities
- Career progression with personal development plans
- Training opportunities
- Vitality private healthcare plan
- Sick pay policy
- An active formal and informal social calendar with escape rooms, go-karting and curry evenings being the favourites
- A large social hub to relax and have a coffee or enjoy a game of pool or use the PlayStation
- Hybrid working – remote / customer site / office
- Weekly HIIT sessions provided by The Fitness Truck for those who want to challenge their body as well as their mind
- Regular mental health training programme available to all
- Last but not least, their office dogs
- Initial remote interview
- Social distancing in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection and cleaning procedures in place with onsite testing
Reference ID: GBSAF046
About the employer
A rapidly growing MSP operating from a large office in Chesterfield. They offer an informal, relaxed yet high performance environment where they recognise and reward effort and achievement.
The company prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers coupled with their internal technical expertise, enabling them to operate their own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
GUARD BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by GUARD BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Our Level 3 Software Development Technician programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to develop as a Software Development Technician within a business, supporting productivity through the use of the software. Participants will learn a range of skills from developing an App to working as part of a larger software development team, allowing them to meet the needs of the business.
During the Apprenticeship, Software Development Technicians will cover topics allowing them to support a business’s needs by identifying and understanding the end-user of the software and assisting development to ensure that the software is operating effectively and supporting business decisions.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will gain eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA Level 3 Professional Competence. This will then bring industry-backed skills and knowledge.
Software development technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.