Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Exciting opportunity to develop the necessary skills and experience to become a successful, well-rounded Teaching Assistant. You will be provided with the knowledge and support to achieve a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
16 Feb 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- To work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
- To study relevant qualifications while you earn
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate effetively with children and adults alike
- Ability to keep calm and remain positive in challenging or high-pressure situations
- Able to be a positive role model for pupils
- Approachable and friendly
- Good team player
- Organised, with great attention to detail
- Previous experience of working with children is desirable, but not essential
- Approachable and friendly
- Confidence in your own ability
- Enthusiastic, with a genuine interest in working with children
- Reliable, committed and punctual
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Willingness to combine work and study to achieve a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Possible progression for the right applicant.
Things to consider
- All apprenticeships require an enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role due to working with children
- Please Google the location prior to applying
Safeguarding, Prevent, and Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Inspire ATA are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to safer recruitment policies, safeguarding, the prevent duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Inspire ATA Limited is acting as an apprentice training agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship and pay your salary
- You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. You will be placed at Icknield Primary School for the duration of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2021 is all around the development and wellbeing of our apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and are the 2021-22 winner of Best Apprenticeship Employer in Central & Greater London.
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Will Moffat 07716293425 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The Diploma aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process and will undertake functional skills if needed.
During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement. Our Employability team will also be available to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Study relevant qualifications while you earn
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.