Apprentice Chef CHEFS CATERING NORTHWEST LTD
We are looking for someone with drive and passion looking to develop life and Kitchen skills. All candidates will get training in all areas of the kitchen, working from the trainee all the way up to head chef roles. This will be a combination of internal training along with NVQ training though the local college.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
14 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The candidate will have national recognised qualification and this will be on going through the length of the successful applicant's employment. This will include knife skill, food safety training and health and safety training.
In the kitchen the main responsibilities on a daily basis will be working with the chef to prepare, cook and plate the meals.
- Studying recipes
- Setting up menus
- Ensuring meals are prepared in a timely manner
- Working in all areas for the kitchen
- Following health and safety
- Preparing the dish from the menu
- Working closely with the head chef to develop new recipes and dishes
- Maintain high standards of food prep and execution
- Adhering to all EHO regulations
- Having a good time
- Learning new skills
Requirements and prospects
- None are required as all training is provided
- Passionate about food
- No qualifications required
- After the candidate has completed the apprenticeship will be looking to be employed on a full time contract and to work within the different sites that we have along with further training and development
About the employer
Based in Lancaster and Morecambe, Chefs Catering Northwest delivers rosette standard food to local golf clubs and venues for your events.
From corporate meetings, festivals, and private parties to weddings and Christenings, we can provide a bespoke service for any occasion, tailored around your budget and your requirements. We can cater for vegetarians, vegans, and any other special dietary requirements. We are always happy to discuss any details with you beforehand.
We pride ourselves on providing a wide range dishes to suit any occasion. We know the challenges you face when looking for outside catering and that’s why we build bespoke menus to ensure its within your budget.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
Hannah Haygarth 07721111757 email@example.com
- Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End Point Assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.