Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Headmasters Net Limited
A salon in Leamington Spa, Headmasters Salon, is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team.
Closing date: 12 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
14 Jul 2022
15 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours
- Blow drying, styling etc.
- As part of your working, you will receive training from the salon's stylists and Heart of England Training to work towards your qualification in hairdressing
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Good time keeping
- You should be smart
- Good attitude to work
- Must be friendly and polite
- GCSE or equivalent at grades 4/C or above in English and maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 Hair Professional, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training programme for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
We are an award-winning, family run business based in the historic Leamington Old Town.
Family is at the very heart of our business, it courses through our DNA to make you feel at home, comfortable and welcomed. We believe that the little touches go a long way, a head massage, a drink made to your liking and most importantly, like minded stylists who love hair!
We offer carefully crafted cuts and colour treatments for you and with your personality in mind.
We have a team of seriously passionate hairdressers who go the extra mile – we don’t just love what we do, we love who we do it for.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon.
The Team at Headmasters.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hairdressing standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.