Teaching Assistant Apprentice Sherbourne Fields School
Due to a further increase in pupil numbers we have exciting and fulfilling opportunities for a number of teaching assistant apprenticeships within our outstanding all age special school.
Closing date: 04 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
15 Feb 2022
15 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working as an Apprentice Teaching Assistant you will be part of a small class team supporting the class teacher and pupils on a daily basis.
This will involve:
- 1-1 support
- Group support
- Personal care duties
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of lessons
- Ensuring all pupils have the correct resources to enable them to participate fully
What can we offer you?
- An exciting programme of training to help you develop your skills set further and to help you build a successful career
- Allocated time to complete your assignments (up to 4 hours per week)
- A dedicated mentor who will provide support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship
- Training and personal development opportunities in addition to gaining your Level 3 qualification
- Use of the school gym before and after school
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience within either a school setting or working with children is desired
- Good attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Love engaging with young people
- Able to work using your own initiative
- Passionate about improving the life chances of others
- A friendly and supportive personality
GCSE A*-C or 9-4 Grade maths and English (or equivalent) is essential.
It is hoped that after the successful completion of the apprenticeship that either a permanent position or the opportunity to progress will be offered. However this is not guaranteed.
Things to consider
Sherbourne Fields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks will be carried out on the successful candidate for this post.
About the employer
Sherbourne Fields is an all age special school for pupils with abroad spectrum of need including physical disabilities, medical conditions and learning needs. The schools population is wide-ranging and diverse with pupils from a rich mix of social and cultural backgrounds.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 Emma.Stead@hoet.co.uk
- Level 3 Standard in Teaching Assistant
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional skills if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.