Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Dental Spa Solutions
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice dental nurse to join our friendly team in Leamington Spa.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Feb 2022
15 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of an Apprentice Dental Nurse encompasses:
- Preparing and maintaining the dental equipment, instruments and materials within a dental surgery
- Carrying out infection control and decontamination procedures
- Recording dental charting carried out by clinicians
- Preparing, mixing and handling dental materials
- Providing chair-side support to dentists, therapists and hygienists throughout a range of dental procedures
- Providing support and reassurance to patients
- Providing administration support in making appointments, taking payments and dealing with paperwork
An experienced dental nurse will use his/her knowledge of dentistry to anticipate what is needed during treatment sessions, a skill that is highly valued by the clinician.
On completion of your probation period with the employer, you will be enrolled onto the college course and will gain a professional certificate - Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing at Level 3 which will enable you to register with the GDC as a dental care professional.
Requirements and prospects
- We expect a friendly, responsible attitude and positive approach to people
- The dental nurse must be well presented and show a willingness to study
- You must be team player with good written and verbal communication skills, excellent organisational skills and good manual dexterity
- You need to be able to adapt to new situations and work well using your own initiative
- Apprentices must maintain a high level of personal hygiene presenting a clean, neat, tidy, smart, safe and practical appearance at work
- Apprentices attending training should not be wearing work uniform
- Work uniform must not be worn entering or leaving the practice
- Footwear should be of a nature that protects the apprentice, flat closed toe shoes (not fabric)
- Work tunics/scrubs should be presentable and clean every day
- Jewellery worn must be consistent with health and safety and professional standards and must not obstruct or prevent an apprentice carrying out their duties
- Small stud earrings and a wedding band are the only acceptable forms of jewellery
- Nails should be short and free of polish, false nails, including but not limited to, shellac, acrylic and gel will not be tolerated
- Hair must be kept clean and tied back
- Make up should be kept to a minimum to maintain a professional image
- To be accepted onto the apprenticeship, you must be at least 16 years old and hold GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent Functional Skills at Level 2) in both maths and English
There are a wide range of opportunities available to enable registered dental nurses to extend their clinical duties and develop their knowledge and skills within particular areas of interest, for example:
- Dental radiography
- Oral health education
- Sedation dental nursing
- Implant nursing
- Orthodontic dental nursing
- Special care dental nursing
- Oral surgery dental nursing
- Taking dental impressions
- The application of topical fluoride
Dental nurses may also progress onto university to become a dental hygienist/therapist.
Things to consider
- You will be required to undertake Hepatitis B vaccinations and a clear DBS check to work in the clinical setting
About the employer
At Dental Spa Solutions in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire our dentists offer a wide range of general, cosmetic and specialist services, all carried out in a friendly, understanding and welcoming atmosphere.
Whether you simply want high quality preventive dentistry to keep your teeth and gums healthy, or smile enhancements from teeth whitening to a full smile makeover, our dentists can help.
At Dental Spa Solutions our dentists do their utmost to make our patients feel welcome and at ease and are particularly well-known for our ability to relax and reassure extremely nervous patients.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Christy Fitzpatrick email@example.com
College lessons are delivered by Sandwell College in the workplace/online. You will not be required to travel to the college site.
You will be trained in the Extended City and Guilds Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Extended Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Emergency first aid in the workplace qualification at Level 3
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Completion of this qualification will enable candidates to register with the GDC as a qualified dental nurse. The practice also offers a full in-house training programme to cover the practical aspect of the job role
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.