Level 2 Apprentice Childcare Practitioner INSPIRATIONS NURSERIES AND FOREST SCHOOL LIMITED
Learning through play in a nurturing environment following the children’s lead. Do you want a career working with children? Come and work in a friendly, professional environment and learn all the skills you need to start your fantastic career in Early Years.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
15 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To work with children
- To safeguard all children
- To attend training
- To complete all assignments set
- To work cooperatively as part of a team
- To attend associated training
- To liaise with mentor
- Attending college (If applicable) and completing assignments to a high standard and on time
- To attend team meetings and inputting ideas
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To Provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of and implement all the nursery’s policies and procedures
- Support all staff and engage in a cooperative highly motivated and productive staff team
- To attend out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, fairs etc
- Contribute to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in nursery
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Ability to respond calmly and use initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to engage with and work with children, their families, other practitioners and professionals in a positive way
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good time keeping and punctuality
- The ability to use initiative to ensure the smooth running of the setting
- Confident and enjoys working as part of a team
- An enthusiastic personality with a ‘can do attitude’
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to remain calm
- A positive approach to continuous learning and development
- Team player
- Commitment to all CPD offered Desirable
- Knowledge of the range of ways that children learn
- Relevant experience for the post
- Working with children of relevant age
- Working with children/young people with SEN and/or social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- General technical/resource support
- GCSE grades 4 equivalent to A-C or above in Maths and English or AS levels (or equivalent) would be an advantage but not essential
- Acceptance is subject to college interview, initial assessment and taking a skill area test
Possible progression to next level of study.
Things to consider
You will be expected to be flexible with the working hours to ensure ratios are maintained. During the year you will be expected to participate in additional events out of the normal working hours, for example, parent’s evening and Open days. There is a degree of lifting and carrying that you will need to be able to carry out.
This setting is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
There is a requirement to submit to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau background check. Starting wage £ 5.00 per hour raising after the probation period. Working hours to be confirmed.
About the employer
Luminate Education Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College 0113 2846464 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Standard) 18 months. You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor. An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey.
Offering Code: Standards Title: Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner Length of Programme: 18 months’ variable Mode of delivery: one day in college per month Competence and Knowledge qualification: L2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner Functional Skills qualifications: Level 1-2 Functional Skills in English Level 1-2 Functional skills in Maths End Point Assessment The EPA consists of two distinct assessment methods:
- Multiple choice Exam
- Professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.