IT Services Apprentice South Gloucestershire & Stroud College
This is a fantastic opportunity to join South Gloucestershire and Stroud Colleges IT department, where you will support the IT Technicians across the Bristol Campuses.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
£138.60 to £267.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
The support of desktop hardware, office and bespoke application software systems including:
- Software fault resolution and hardware break/fix troubleshooting and repairs
- Resolution of basic networking faults (connectivity, cabling etc.)
- Administering (low level) MS Active Directory
- Planning, evaluating and proposing improvements to desktop systems
- Assist in local project implementations, such as technology refresh and rollouts
- Respond to Helpdesk reported fault calls via telephone/desk-side support and remote access
- Assist in maintaining the asset database, recording details appropriately
- Working across both Filton and Wise campuses and other SGS sites as required
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills
- Some previous work experience in IT and customer service would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of IT - hardware and software
- Polite and well mannered
- The ability to work well and efficiently under pressure
GCSEs at grades A*-C 9/4 or equivalent to include English, maths and IT desirable.
To become fully qualified at IT level 3. Progression on to higher levels of apprenticeships.
About the employer
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects - from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Laura Thomas email@example.com
- IT infrastructure technician
- Functional Skills
- End point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.