Engineering Technical Support Apprentice Castings PLC
Technical Support Apprentice required to work in the Quality Assurance Department using a variety of co-ordinate measurement equipment/ machines, scanners and hardness testers to ensure required quality of parts is met.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
14 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The company is looking to recruit two Technical Support Apprentices to work in their Quality Engineering Department, to ensure the quality of products meets with the required standards.
Main duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Hardness testing
- Using scanners
- Operating 3M co-ordinate measurement machines and measuring equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good numeracy skills
- Previous experience is not required, but it will be advantageous if you have studied engineering at school/college/previous employment/work placement or able to demonstrate an interest in engineering through hobbies
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to produce accurate work
- Punctual and reliable
- Well mannered
- Willing to commit to this engineering apprenticeship
- GCSE grade 9-5/A*-C/B in English, maths and Science as a minimum or equivalent
Full-time position within the Quality Engineering Department, with potential to advance to Level 4 HNC.
Things to consider
Please ensure you are able to travel to both the company site and to In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, Walsall WS9 8UG.
About the employer
Castings PLC group is made up of three autonomous manufacturing sites. Head Office is at Brownhills, west Midlands on the original foundry site. castings PLC are a highly invested and forward looking modern foundry enterprise. 80% of production is supplied directly to multinational constructors of commercial vehicles and cars. their facilities enable them to supply high volume castings or one offs, raw castings or finished parts.
Castings PLC are an established iron castings and machining group based in the UK and supplying overseas.
Castings PLC produce ductile iron castings, SG iron castings, austempered ductile iron (ADI) castings, Simo castings and Ni-resist castings up to 40kg in weight using 4 Disamatic moulding machines and 3 horizontal Green Sand moulding machines.
Castings PLC can undertake the design, including virtual analysis, of Ductile and SG Iron castings, can produce rapid prototypes and pre-series castings using full production processes, as well as producing serial quantities of fully machined ductile iron castings and sub-assemblies.
All our facilities are certified to TS16949, ISO9001 and ISO14001, and we invest constantly in human resources and capital equipment. As a result of this, we combine state of the art production facilities with world class technical expertise. This makes us the ideal partner for all your casting component requirements.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a four year apprenticeship which will result in a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship qualification.
You will be required to attend college, In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, WS9 8UG, part-time for the first 18 months (alternate weeks at college and company). After this time, you will attend college one day per week for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
Training at college will include the following:
- Complying with statutory regulations & organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing & using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing & using milling machines
- General welding applications
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling & testing fluid power systems
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment circuits
- Maintaining electrical equipment & systems
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.