Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Elswick Health Centre
We are looking for an apprentice receptionist to join our wonderful team here at Elswick Family Practice. If you have good knowledge of IT applications, good communications skills and have a high attention to detail, this could be the role for you.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care, and other associated healthcare agencies.
- To have a thorough working knowledge of all practice procedures and protocols.
- To work in accordance with practice protocols.
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system.
- Processing personal and telephone.
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- High level of attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
Maths and English, GCSE Grade 4-9 or equivalent.
As an apprenticeship, you will gain a vast amount of knowledge and experience. Upon your successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be an experienced multi skilled receptionist. You will also gain vital knowledge and skills which will be a very important stepping-stone to future roles within the NHS and other sectors.
About the employer
We are a local dispensing medical practice. The clinicians provide full General Medica; Services to patients on our practice list, including visitors who are temporarily in the area.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 0191 433 8761 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved.
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence.
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety.
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.