Apprentice IT Support Technician CUSTARD TECHNICAL SERVICES LIMITED
Custard is currently offering a fantastic recruitment opportunity for someone that has a passion for IT, basic IT knowledge and a willing to learn. We are looking for driven individuals to join our Team and be a part of the growing Custard family. This position will involve working with various applications and systems.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Feb 2022
14 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Your main responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Work with users to resolve IT faults and requests within agreed timescales
- Create, maintain and remove user accounts from IT systems
- Install, commission and test new equipment
- Carry out system checks
- Answer IT Helpdesk calls and provide first line assistance
- Work with users to resolve outstanding faults
- Ensure that all helpdesk calls are actioned within agreed service levels
- Record all call details on the ticket platform
Requirements and prospects
- Basic understanding of computers and their components
- Built a PC from scratch
- Good communication skills
- IT Hobbyist
- Basic understanding of IT terms; AD, DNS, IP, Azure Office365 etc.
- Analytical approach with good questioning and listening skills
- Confident phone manner and strong written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A proactive and positive attitude
- To understand call handling, prioritisation and escalations
- Ability to work well in a team as well as solely
- Confident and self-motivated, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Experience of team-working
- Good time keeping and time management
- Enjoys technology
5 GCSE's A*-C/9-4 - must include maths & English or equivalent functional skills at level 2.
- The opportunity to progress into a full-time role
- The potential to carry out your IT level 4 apprenticeship upon completion of level 3
Things to consider
- Fantastic working environment
- An employer who has supported multiple apprentices into senior roles, one former apprentice is now a director of the business
- Team building & social days
- Fantastic team dynamic
- Young team
About the employer
Custard's in-house technical team are specially trained experts that will deliver you a reliable and highly responsive service.
For over two decades we have helped our customers become more dynamic, productive, secure and future proof, through innovative IT solutions for business problems. Whether your company needs help with IT infrastructure, flexible and reliable hardware or expert technical consultancy – We offer tailor-made IT support solutions to help your business continue to grow and thrive in this modern world.
Our comprehensive range of IT solutions includes everything from IT consultation, managed services, disaster recovery planning, IT security (including Barracuda), back-up solutions through to bespoke HaaS installation and on-going software and hardware support and maintenance.
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by EMA Training
Abbygail Maddison 07384 548 571 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Information communications technician Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship training will be delivered in a classroom environment, from the EMA Derby Hub on Siddals Road, Derby.
You will have access to modern, high performance machines, in addition to having the opportunity to explore computer hardware with expert tutors and instructors.
The qualification has core knowledge elements, before branching out into 3 pathways, which are as follows:
- IT Support Technician
- Network Technician
- Digital Communications Technician
The employer and training provider will agree on which is the most appropriate pathway, and this will influence the project as part of the end-point assessment.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.