Apprentice Quality Practitioner Technician PLASTIC COATINGS LIMITED
To provide quality control support to the Quality Team and the wider organisation.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Feb 2022
14 Sep 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Working closely with the Quality Engineering Team, carry out day to day quality activities including:
- Ensure that process chemistry is properly controlled
- To carry out internal audits
- To carry out process audits
- To liaise with customers, production departments, Quality Team and Sales Team to ensure that any technical or supply issues are resolved
- To maintain and record data applicable to the company systems
- To assist with problem solving and improvement activities
- Carry out gauge control activities
- Generate certificates of conformity for work as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to use common Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Good numeracy skills
- Good literacy skills
- Well presented
- Takes pride in work
- An interest in Chemistry
- GCSE or equivalent maths
- GCSE or equivalent English
- GCSE or equivalent Chemistry
- Beneficial to also have GCSEs (or equivalent) in Technical Drawing or similar disciplines
Plastic Coatings Ltd have a desire to develop an individual for a quality engineering role that has focus on Chemistry, this role and future development would include further education in Chemistry. The purpose is to enhance the technical skills of the Quality Engineering team, to include a process chemistry specialist.
This role offers a route into a quality engineering career. Potential further career progression including, Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Assistant QA Manager, QA Manager etc.
Things to consider
Interviews to take place early October, likely two stage interview including some practical assessment.
About the employer
For more than sixty years, Plastic Coatings Ltd has been the leading coating specialist, focused on world class solutions & services.
We offer the widest range of coating materials including thermoset & thermoplastic polymers, fluoropolymers, electrophoretic or e-coat paint, primers and more.
Our reputation, expertise and resources for coating are second to none. Supported by world class quality systems including IATF 16949, we have grown into the successful business we are today.
We now offer so much more than just plastic coating across a wide variety of industries, from automotive to aerospace, offshore to medical.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mbkb Ltd
Nicki Bevan +447494596865 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 4 - Quality Practitioner
- Functional Skills if required
A 100% tailored training and assessment programme will be delivered to support you throughout your apprenticeship, topics covered include:
- Quality Planning - planning a delivery system for reliable outputs, such as implementing Quality Management Plans or developing a Quality Management System
- Quality Assurance - a process approach, providing confidence to stakeholders that Quality standards are maintained, from identifying goals and success factor to monitoring results including customer feedback
- Quality Control - verifying a product or service is meeting agreed specifications, such as carrying out inspections to isolate customers from quality failures
- Continuous Improvement - preventing recurrence of poor quality through analysis to address the root cause of poor quality and seeking to improve the benchmark quality of processes, products and services
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.