DAF Parts Advisor Apprenticeship MOTUS COMMERCIALS LIMITED
Apprentices will be working alongside fully qualified parts advisors to be fully trained in sourcing and supplying parts for Heavy Vehicle.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
11 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As this role offers a varied workload the Apprentice will develop skills in a number of areas, including:
- Safe storage of parts
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Monitoring and solving customer problems/enquiries and processing of customer orders
The Parts Advisor Apprentice will be working with both customers and workshop staff, over the phone and face to face, using DAF computerised stock management systems and parts identification programme – ECAT.
A Parts Advisor Apprentice will support the dealership, improve sales and provide excellent customer service.
Requirements and prospects
- No skills required as full training will be provided
- A keen interest in the heavy vehicle industry with good communication skills both verbal and written
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent (A*-C/9-4 in English and maths required)
A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have, whether it is progressing through the dealership, working towards a job within motorsport.
About the employer
DAF works according to the ‘Build to Order’ principle. This means that all vehicles are built to satisfy each customer’s individual wishes, but production only starts after the order is received from the customer. This is very important, because DAF builds tens of thousands of different vehicle versions which are all built to meet each customer’s individual specifications and transport requirements.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Jamie Rogan 01923 216165 email@example.com
Apprentices will be working and will be trained within the dealership and an advisor will visit at least every 4-6 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification
- Functional Skills (ICT, English and maths) if required
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
Customer service specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.