Site Technician (Caretaker) Apprentice Potteries Educational Trust
Supporting our experienced Site Supervisor in monitoring, maintaining and repairing the school buildings and environment.
Closing date: 25 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Jan 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To assist in the management of the site and grounds to ensure they are maintained at all times in a safe, clean and healthy state for pupils, staff and visitors.
You will be expected to be a champion for health and safety around the school, and supervise some external contractors
The role involves supporting the management of fire safety, water hygiene, asbestos and COSHH and assisting in general cleaning, litter picking, maintenance, repair, general portage, site security and gardening activities.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the caretaker in carrying out preventative and planned maintenance
- Work safely with tools, ladders, maintenance equipment and materials
- Undertake training in all aspects of caretaker duties
- Communicate effectively face-to-face with staff, pupils & external customers
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Ensure compliance with company safety procedures & statutory legislation
- General cleaning and removal and transport of bulk refuse & furniture
- Set up rooms for special events and school functions
- Work on own initiative using problem-solving skills
- Arrange larger repairs and obtain quotes from contractors
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond calmly to emergencies
- Good organisational skills – well organised and methodical
- Good general fitness and mobility
- Ability to undertake all the physical aspects of the job
- Ability to work individually and as an effective team member
- Ability to comply with health and safety and hygiene policies and procedures – Some understanding of the basic health and safety requirements that are relevant within a school setting
- Self-motivated, reliable and responsible
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to follow instructions
- Understanding of boundaries and confidentiality
- Willing to undertake an apprenticeship
- Take pride in both their own work and the school site
- Be able to work flexibly
- Ability to show initiative when working alone
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Have basic DIY skills
- Be reasonably fit to cope with the lifting and carrying involved
- Punctual and reliable
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- A full time position maybe offered upon completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the DBS
- Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.disclosuresdbs.co.uk
- This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
About the employer
Werrington prides itself on providing a happy, safe, secure and supportive learning environment. At the centre of our ethos is the belief that our children should enjoy their school experience while achieving their full potential.
We believe this is achieved through a close and trusting relationship between home and school, both working together to promote the vision, aims and ethos of the school.
We seek to operate an “open door” policy, which means that we welcome children and adults alike to share concerns and worries. Class teachers and senior leaders will always be happy to arrange an appointment to discuss any questions and will do everything we can to help.
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Adam Docherty 07718 485875 Adam.Docherty@ixionholdings.com
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.