Apprentice Dental Nurse STATION ROAD DENTAL PRACTICE LLP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join our longstanding team of care professionals as a Dental Nurse in training.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Feb 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Dental Surgery Nurse duties to include;
- Check crown/denture work for patients due in that day are back from laboratory
- Set up surgery in readiness for the day
- Find relevant x-rays in preparation for treatment
- Greet patients in helpful courteous manner
- Update records as required, checking address, DOB details etc as well as charting and obtaining patient signature on FP17 forms
- Prepare mouthwash and treatment trays for use. Load local anaesthetic if required and have relevant materials ready to use
- Disinfect all impression work as per manufacturer instruction before sending to lab.
- Complete details required on lab sheet including patient’s computer number
- Develop and file all x-rays
- Ensure safe containment of sharps and clinical waste
- Read and understand the cross infection control guidelines set out in the A12 document
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Patient focussed
- Willing to work towards qualification and gain job satisfaction
- Team Player
- Highly Motivated
- Keen interest in dental nursing and a willingness to learn
- GCSE grades 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- A GCSE grade 4 (C) or above, or equivalent qualification in Science is preferable
- Full time position offered at the completion of your qualification.
- Radiography & Oral Health Educator training and qualification.
Things to consider
- The role of a dental nurse requires a lot of concentration, standing, walking and people skills.
- We are required to undertake Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- You will be paid the relevant apprenticeship rate until your qualification when you will be rewarded with a pay increase to reflect this.
- Training is at Leamington College one day per week for one academic year.
About the employer
We are an established Dental Practice based in the centre of Hinckley, Leicestershire. We have long-standing,well-known members of staff that look after 40,000+ patients; offering both NHS and Private dental care.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Emma Rogers email@example.com
Level 3 Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Dental Nurse (Standard):
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (unless GCSE grade 4/C or above or equivalent has been achieved)
- First Aid training (at college)
- End Point Assessment of synoptic exam, observation and professional discussion
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.