Apprentice Care Assistant Cleveden Care Ltd
To join with other members of staff in order to provide the individual care required by each resident, making sure that they retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible. To assist in providing a happy and caring atmosphere and be involved in the general activities of the Home.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
11 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Job duties will include
- Assist with continence promotion, providing comfort and dignity. Obtaining urine and stool samples. Complete and update documentation- Catheter output charts and intake and output chart, urine analysis results
- To assist residents in attending hospital visits/admissions. Care for residents who are temporarily unwell. Help care for residents who are dying, and support family members and friends
- Assist in giving stimulation to residents by talking to them and by helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Home
- Answer call bells promptly and attend to residents needs
- Empty commodes, use sluice machine and keep area tidy also to correctly manage and remove clinical waste following infection control guidance. Make and change beds. Tidy rooms. Check residents clothing for wear and tear/ correct size and report to nurse in charge
- To recognise and respond to any suspected abuse and neglect of residents. To identify bruising, skin tears and pressure damage, ensuring these are documented following company policies
- Be aware of whistle blowing policy
- To document all Maintenance problems in the maintenance book and to inform the Manager as soon as physically possible
- Have knowledge around specialised diets
- To have a Keyworker caseload and carry out the responsibilities as allocated in the key worker policy
Employee responsibilities will include:
- Follow directions and instructions from nurse in charge to ensure resident’s activities of daily living are fulfilled. Read reports/documentation
- Help residents who have limited mobility or physical disabilities, making the best use of aids provided e.g. hoists, stand aids, wheelchairs etc. Attend and implement manual handling training. Complete and update documentation- i.e. positional change, ½ hourly checks etc. Help residents who need assistance with washing and toileting, dressing and undressing. Carry out general observations of health status and report any issues with nurse in charge
- Answer the door and telephone. Make visitors welcome and give them any assistance they may require ensuring they sign in and out of the building
- All staff to know how to activate emergency call systems and to respond to a emergency calls immediately
- To be reliable in attending rotated shifts and if unable to attend you must provide the home with adequate notice and keep them regularly informed of your current status
- Complete accurate timesheets. Also to inform the company of any changes of personal details, e.g. name changes, telephone numbers etc.
- Take part in staff and resident meetings when required
- To ensure you attend all mandatory training to keep in line with company policies and capabilities
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Ability to maintain clear written and electronic records
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must display a great level of trust and honesty at all times
- Must be able to adapt to different situations
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
An opportunity for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
You will need to be 18 to apply given the personal care aspect and nature of the role.
About the employer
We would like to welcome you to our home, Teesdale Lodge, where the comfort and well being of our residents is our top priority. Our purpose built care home is home to adults who need short or long term expert residential or skilled nursing care. Our experienced, compassionate and highly skilled care team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The single story building enjoys a relaxed atmosphere in which residents feel settled, comfortable and happy.
Situated within a quiet, residential area of Stockton on Tees, Teesdale Lodge is easily accessible for both locals and visitors and offers plenty of parking and superb train access. Residents of neighbouring communities, in County Durham as well as residents of Stockton and the wider community have made our home their home. Please remember that we are happy to go the extra mile.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Riverside College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 Anna.email@example.com
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills maths & English, if required
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.