Apprentice Commis Chef THE MOLEFACE PUB COMPANY LLP
The Wollaton Pub & Kitchen are looking to recruit a hardworking and enthusiastic individual to join their kitchen team. You will be part of a fast-paced environment and will be expected to work as a team to provide high standard dishes.
Closing date: 08 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Feb 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Recognise the importance of checking food stocks and keeping the storage areas in good order, know the procedures to carry out and how to deal with identified shortages and food close to expiry date
- Understand how personal and team performance impact on the successful production of dishes and menu items
- Understand the principles of supply chain and waste management
- Recognise potential risks in the working environment, how to address them and the potential consequences of those risks
- Identify traditional cuts of; and basic preparation methods for, meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
- Apply correct preparation and selection methods when using meat, poultry, fish and vegetables in dishes
- Use correct knives and knife skills when preparing food and use the correct equipment when preparing, cooking and presenting food
- Demonstrate a range of craft preparation and basic cooking skills and techniques to prepare, produce and present dishes and menu items in line with business requirements
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Show enthusiasm for keeping up to date with business and industry trends
- Work effectively with others to ensure dishes produced are of high quality, delivered on time and to the standard required
- Set an example to others by working in ways which minimise waste
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing to learn
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Wollaton Pub & Kitchen is a combination of a "home-from-home" local pub and a "cut-above-the-rest" dining experience concentrated around quality ingredients cooked with love and care. The ethic is an extension of the gastropub tradition - friendly, and only as formal as you want to make it. The Wollaton is one of two establishments owned by The Moleface Pub Co. The other being: The Larwood & Voce Pub & Kitchen.
THE MOLEFACE PUB COMPANY LLP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Commis Chef Level 2
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required).
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 18 month duration.
Link to Commis Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/commis-chef-v1-1
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.