Remake Order Processor Apprentice FIRST HOME IMPROVEMENTS (ENGLAND) LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to join a growing innovative business based in Lenwade which provides bespoke windows and conservatories throughout the UK.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
£173.25 to £334.13
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
When our quality process identifies that a product is not as expected, we need it urgently remade and delivered to our clients. This important office-based position (part of a small specialist team) takes ownership of this to ensure constant procurement of remakes. This post requires working in a fast-paced environment, managing several tasks at once, keeping all parties informed (both in email and by telephone) and will work closely with our own installation managers, site supervisors and our external suppliers.
- Communicate effectively with our Site Supervisors and our Service Manager to determine purchasing needs (understanding the reason for the “remake” and get it right first time)
- Make purchase orders to address the “remake” issue
- Monitor all purchase requisitions and handle adjustments with suppliers
- Process proof of delivery requests
- Liaise with Accounts Department to reconcile invoices and purchase invoices
- Ensure that the right number of materials are delivered to the Installation Depots on time
- Liaise with our Site Supervisors and Service Manager to determine work progress and deadlines
- Provide information on changes in deliveries
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure timely delivery of product and materials
- Aid the Head of Order Processing with any other general admin duties
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in your own working area and others
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good general standard of education (4 x GCSEs or equivalent at grade C/4 or above including English and maths)
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship within the 18 month contract of employment
- We take continuous professional development seriously and we are committed to ensure each individual performs at their best and develops their potential for future roles
- A successful candidate can expect potential future employment upon completion of this Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Is the place of work on a bus route?
- Would you have accessibility issues?
About the employer
First Home Improvements Ltd traces its roots to the early 1970’s, when its original owners Debbage & Tubby started to develop the company’s existing manufacturing site in Lenwade, Norfolk.
Since 2008 First has been supplying only highly innovative “A” rated energy efficient products, which remain largely unrivalled by our competitors within the same industry.
We offer exclusive and innovative products that are made to the highest possible standards using traditional hand crafted methods. “We are big enough to cope and small enough to care”. Our in-house designers work closely with a local hardwood joinery here in Norfolk to offer our customers the option of truly bespoke products. All of our PVCu units are sourced from quality assured suppliers.
First employs more than 300 industry professionals in various roles ranging from salesmen, designers and specialist craftsmen through to skilled installation teams. All of our products come with a 10 year Warranty. We specialise in Conservatories, Windows, Doors and Rooflines for residential installations (PVCu and Hardwood) and have established a reputation for the enduring quality of our products and outstanding customer care.
Quality is never an accident it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
We all have our own ideas of the perfect home and a place to live that has individuality. At First Home Improvements Ltd we can help you achieve that perfection and turn your dream into a reality with the unique range of products we have to offer. Whether it is replacement Windows, Doors, Conservatory, Roofline or Garage Door, it is vital to select the right company.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Adam Bales email@example.com
- Level 3 Diploma for Business Administrators
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths
- Preparation for End-point assessment
- End-point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.