IT Apprentice, Service Desk Farleigh Hospice
An opportunity for a dedicated individual to become a qualified IT Technician working with experienced professionals in a supportive environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to kick start their career within IT.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Jan 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an IT Apprentice at Farleigh Hospice, you will have exposure to a wide range of both hardware and software and be supported by a fun and energetic In House IT Team.
You will be the first point of contact for users experiencing issues or requiring support, and over your time with us, we will help you develop your technical resolution skills to handle a large majority of these calls.
Opportunities will arise for you to be involved in projects and system roll outs, hardware deployments, provision of training and more.
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in technology with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and easily
- Recent experience of the installation, configuration and repair of IT equipment
- Computer literate, with an awareness of standard business software (Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritisation skills and the ability to handle a number of tasks concurrently
- Demonstrable effective problem-solving skills & working practices in relation to the handling of IT equipment
- Ability to multitask and work effectively to deadlines, and to be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Willing to learn
- Able to remain calm
- Maths, English, GCSE 4 / C or above/Functional Skills/maths & English Level 2 - or equivalent
- Possibility to progress on IT roles
About the employer
Farleigh Hospice is a high performing organisation providing specialist palliative and end of life care for people with life limiting illness in the Mid Essex region. Our team at Farleigh has grown and evolved to meet the changings needs of the community we serve and we are looking for highly motivated HR Administration Apprentice to join our Human Resources (HR) team.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Dave Cornwell 01245293119 email@example.com
- Level 3 IT Standard
- Functional skills if needed
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.