Apprentice Dental Nurse Northern Smiles
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 19 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Feb 2022
10 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a Dental Nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Always greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- Experience is not necessary; however, we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
We deliver cosmetic and family dental care from two locations in the North East of England. Both are stare of the art, modern dental practices. One is located in the centre of Crook and the other from the centre of Haltwhistle, Northumberland. We pride ourselves on providing treatment that is tailored to each patient according to their specific needs and wants, in a relaxed and friendly manner.
We believe that our patient care journey is unrivalled as we believe in going that extra mile to ensure that our patients are well catered for and fears they may have on visiting the dentist are alleviated. Our team at Northern Smiles includes a multi-faceted skilled set of individuals that have undergone and continue to undergo further training to ensure we provide the latest treatments, delivered using the latest techniques in modern technology.
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Katie Cottee 01708 776050 KatieC@harrietellis.com
Dental nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
- Functional skills if needed
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.