Apprentice Dental Nurse Standish Street Dental Practice
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Burnley, Lancashire The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job training and qualifications.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Mar 2022
10 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Burnley, Lancashire
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job training and qualifications.
Duties within this role include:
- Assist the Dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions
- Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing the digital images
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history, and radiographs on the computer system
- Assist the Hygienist with clinical procedures such as scale and polishes and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam and normal domestic
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments, and recording information on the dental software system
Requirements and prospects
A good communicator and be willing to be part of a team supporting each other. The ability to make decisions and use their own initiative, have strong organisational skills, as well as having a caring nature and be comfortable talking to patients of all ages.
The ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team and be respectful to team members at all times. Be an excellent communicator at all levels, via telephone and face to face. Be able to use their own initiative.
GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent
The successful candidate will work towards achieving a level 3 qualification in dental nursing with experience in a busy dental practice.
Upon completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be an experienced and qualified dental nurse, and as such you can continue building up skills that will always be in demand. Career breaks and part time working are often possible. You could then progress to acquire specialist qualifications in areas such as sedation, dental radiography and oral health education.
You may take on more responsibilities as a trainer for other dental nurses or move into a management role within your dental practice, or decided to apply for a course to qualify as a dental hygienist or therapist.
Things to consider
Please do not contact the company direct. PLEASE NOTE; we reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
Dental surgery based in Burnley, Lancashire
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Kelly Porter 01254 54659 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.