Apprentice Care and support worker KIBWORTH KNOLL LIMITED
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of our residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by care assistants is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the residents own family .
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
12 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To assist our residents with all personal care needs including, undressing, washing, bathing and toileting needs.
- To assist residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To support and care for residents who are at the end of their life
- To engage in the promotion of mental and physical well-being of our residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds and all domestic tasks within the household.
- Where required, to assist with residents laundry, including using a laundrette where necessary.
- To read and write reports, and take part in staff and residents meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures at all times, which includes the residents care plan and medication needs.
- To report to the registered manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a resident.
- To encourage residents to remain as independent as possible.
- All staff are required to attend mandatory training
- To enable and assist residents to maintain on a day to day basis as much autonomy and independence as possible.
- Record appropriately all decisions which relate to residents who lack capacity.
- Involve and consult with residents, their families, representatives or advocates to ensure that the residents views are expressed and acted upon.
- Attend reviews of care as appropriate.
- Update and continually improve practice by a mutually agreed method which may include attendance at staff meetings, learning support briefings and one-to-one supervision.
- Take responsibility in conjunction with line manager for identifying further learning.
- Be aware of requirements regarding codes of practice and relevant codes of conduct where appropriate issued by professional bodies.
- Promote good practice and be vigilant in recognising and reporting practice which does not meet the defined standard.
- To assist and contribute to any regulatory body inspection or monitoring visit.
To act at all times, to safeguard residents from any form of abuse and to report such concerns immediately.
Requirements and prospects
- Clear communication
- Good reading/Writing abilities
- Good with people
- Clear communication
- A desire to help and support others
- Caring nature
- Team Player
None required, you will receive support to achieve English and maths at L1/2 if required
15 months with prospect of being employed full time at any time of the contract
About the employer
We believe we are so much more than just a care home. We have created a supportive, friendly and caring environment, combined with our attention to detail makes us stand out from the crowd. Our holistic approach towards our residents means that the focus is about them, and how they want to spend their day.
At Kibworth Knoll our primary aims include the contentment and happiness of all our residents, who are all looked upon as one of our family.
Every resident is treated as an individual,and is encouraged to exercise choice in all aspects of their care and daily life. Residents are supported by our staff to lead as full and active lifestyle as possible
KIBWORTH KNOLL LIMITED
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Zoe Hayes 07918907110 email@example.com
Level 2 Adult Care worker
Functional skills at level 1 or 2 in English, maths if required
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.