Apprentice Grower FLEURIE NURSERY LIMITED
As an Apprentice Grower you will learn all aspects of growing a successful crop, including general care, watering, feeding, monitoring and adjusting the growing environment. As part of the apprenticeship you will undertake the relevant training on plant protection to allow you to undertake crop spraying and the application of biological controls.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
Reporting directly to the Site Supervisor your key responsibilities will include:
- Water and Feed crops
- Monitor and record the growing environment
- Take responsibility for plant material deliveries
- Lift plant plugs ready for potting
- Check and apply biological control onto the crops
Spray crops as required (qualified sprayers only)
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in growing plants or previous experience in Horticulture
- Able to work alone, can do attitude, enthusiastic, willingness to learn new skills, patient, methodical.
- GCSE 4-9 English and maths or equivalent grades
- Grower, Production Team Leader / Supervisor, Growing Technician.
Things to consider
- Role involves working outside or under protected greenhouse structures where temperatures fluctuate with ambient weather conditions through the year. Need to be reasonably fit as role involves pulling hose reels and walking around large sites
About the employer
Fleurie Nursery, part of the Tristram Plants and Farplants Group are a market leading customer focussed organisation producing and supplying high quality ornamental garden plants to the wholesale market. We are based in West Sussex with 5 production Nurseries.
FLEURIE NURSERY LIMITED
About disability confident
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
- Crop technician level 3
- Emergency First Aid
- Pa1 (Theoretical pesticide application certificate)
- Pa6 (Practical pesticide application certificate)
Whilst on site, apprentices will be rotated so they gain a broad experience working in all departments of the nursery, including propagation, potting, growing, and despatching. Full training will be provided on the equipment and machinery needed to carry out day to day activities prior to using them
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.