Warehouse Apprentice Wolfrace Wheels Uk Ltd
To efficiently handle, store and pack stock, working within a team environment to fulfil customer orders to include use of handheld scanners.
Closing date: today
£173.25 to £334.13
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
10 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
You will be working in a Warehouse Environment with a team of 5 people who report to the Warehouse Manager
- Ensure safe handling, storage, packing & repacking of all products in line with stock locations.
- Pick, pack & dispatch customer orders with handheld scanners.
- Assist with inventory counting when necessary.
- Check in deliveries & customer returns.
- Perform Tyre fitting & balancing as required.
- Provide Warehouse Admin Support.
- High level of care and accuracy with pick operations.
- Handle products with care and diligence.
- Operate machinery in a safe manor as required.
- Ensure quality standard checks for all items in and out of the warehouse.
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety awareness and report any areas of concern to Warehouse Manager or Supervisor.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be numerate and Literate for complex product codes.
- IT Literate to basic standard to include Website navigation, email and excel.
- Interest in automotive industry and products desirable.
- Proactive can-do attitude.
- Good timekeeper
- Good organisation skills.
- Essential GCSE's or equivalent including maths and English at grades E/2 and above
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department.
- Opportunities in warehouse, sales and marketing.
- Training can be provided for Fork Lift and Tyre fitting within Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Our products are heavy, candidate will be given training, but any pick/pack duties will involve lifting heavy wheels and Tyres.
- We have approx. 4-5 container deliveries a month and candidate may be asked to help unload.
- Warehouse environment can be cold in winter/warm in summer.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Distributor of aftermarket Alloy Wheels in 9,500sqft Warehouse facility, small family run business of 14 employees, very fast paced distribution centre to include Tyre Fitting & Retail sales.
Wolfrace Wheels Uk Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 apprenticeship standard.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.