Customer Service Assistant Apprentice Scott-Chemist Ltd
Scott's Chemist are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Customer Service Assistant. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
05 Mar 2022
10 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working in an extremely busy Pharmacy based in a shopping centre.
- Responsible for serving and advising customers, providing information on products and services
- Taking prescriptions and advising on product availability
- Checking customer details on prescriptions
- Selling products and taking payments by cash or card
- Tracking orders and arranging deliveries
- Dealing with suppliers and taking deliveries
- Handling customers with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Must be well organised and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be thorough and pay attention to detail
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent Communication Skills
- The ability to deal with difficult situations in a sensitive and professional manner
- Good Organisational skills
- Patience and the ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Active listening skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills
- The ability to work well with others
- Caring, Understanding
- Polite with excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good numerical skills and the ability to handle cash
- Must have GCSE’s in Maths & English or Functional Skills Level 1
Full time permanent employment may become available upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
- Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
- Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship.
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview.
- Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
- Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21-22 and £8.91 for anyone aged 23 and over.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
A busy Chemist based in Roseberry Shopping Centre. Providing several services for the local community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Level 2 qualification in Customer service
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
Day release class
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.