Business Administration Apprentice - Level 3 Andrew Jones Pies Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful local business with an enviable client list. Undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 23 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Mar 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries and orders
- Processing orders through Sage
- Support to members of the team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all enquiries and orders
- The role will involve some outbound calling to clients to take orders / payments
- Dealing with stationery/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to be organised and to meet targets set to complete the required work-based evidence, assignments and logging of all work completed towards completion of your apprenticeship programme - your employer will also support you with these requirements
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Grade C or above in maths and English is required or equivalent
- An IT qualification would be an advantage
- Ability to use Microsoft office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideally have already achieved a Level 2 Business Administration or Customer ServiceApprenticeship (or equivalent).
- BTECH in Business or other relevent qualification
- 1 years work experience, ideally in an office/customer focussed environment
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
The wage will be reviewed and will increase in line with your performance and progression through your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus/train.
Please check cost and time it will take to travel.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
No contact should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
About the employer
Andrew Jones Pies was started in the back of a Yorkshire Butchers shop in 1988 and since then has gone on to be renowned for it’s fantastic range of pork pies, pies, sausage rolls and pasties.
The business grew in the best way possible – people ate our pies, loved them and told someone else – who in turn tasted them, loved them and told someone else! Other shops wanted to sell our pies and this combined with winning award after award has led to us making over 60,000 pies every week from our very own accredited bakery. Our team of skilled Bakers and Pie Makers work six days a week to make sure our memorable taste experience is baked and delivered fresh daily.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship standard.
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
The standard covers the following:
- The organisation
- Value of their skills
- Relevant regulations
- Business fundamentals
- External environmental factors
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Personal Qualities
- Managing performance
You will complete an End-Point Assessment (EPA) this will involve the following:
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project/improvement presentation
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.