Apprentice Carer VARS CARE LIMITED
Are you kind, caring, a good listener and enjoy spending time making a difference to older people? If so, Fernleaf Care Home is looking for someone just like you to care for their residents.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
09 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful applicant for this post must be a people person, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the residents are safe and cared for to the highest levels.
You will need a good attitude, attention to detail and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- To assist residents in rising from bed, washing, dressing, bathing and general personal hygiene
- To assist residents in toileting needs
- To assist residents in meal times and snacks and drinks throughout the day
- To help residents in day to day living and activities
- To help assist residents to live freely and independently and to maintain dignity and respect
- To report to Senior staff and Manager any concerns with the residents or the environment of the home
- To record in residents daily charts and records
- To help keep the homes environment clean and tidy and free from infection
- To attended staff meetings and training set up by the home
- To apply and follow all the homes code of conduct, policies and procedures
Applicants may be required to attend an Assessment Centre with West Notts College Apprenticeships as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence meeting and speaking to people
- Good attention to detail
- Genuine interest in the care sector
- Reliable with excellent time keeping skills
- Smart, professional appearance
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature
GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Fernleaf Care Home has an excellent record when it comes to developing apprentices, their most recent has now completed their learning and has been given a full time contract and previous apprentices are now senior carers within the home.
The manager prides himself on offering great learning opportunities to apprentices to increase skills and confidence and you will be warmly welcomed as part of the team.
The home is consistently rated as good in all areas by The Care Quality Provision and is also one of the few homes within Nottinghamshire which has achieved the coveted Care Mark for Dementia Care.
The home has facilities to care for a maximum of 21 residents and has achieved its excellent reputation by ensuring residents are treated with kindness, respect and compassion and are given not only physical but also emotional support. The residents are looked after in a friendly and homely environment, the home is in an old building and reflects the décor that residents feel comfortable and ‘at home’ with.
You will be supported by both the home owner and the registered manager as well as the wider team to ensure you are trained to a high level, you will also undertake a Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship.
VARS CARE LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.