Apprentice Dental Nurse The Dental Surgery
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team and we would love you to join us.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Aug 2022
08 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
About the employer
Situated about 200 metres from Broadstairs picturesque seafront in Ramsgate Road, our Dental Surgery exudes a smart, yet modern and peaceful atmosphere where patients can feel at ease in our lovely surroundings.
Knowing how important self-confidence is to a person and realising the significance of a person's smile in achieving this valuable asset, is what inspires the work of James Opperman the principal at The Dental Surgery Broadstairs.
The Dental Surgery
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Katie Cottee 01708 776050 KatieC@harrietellis.com
The level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of your Apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and end-point assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.