Apprentice Travel Consultant Just Go Travel Ltd
Hays Travel North West are looking for a motivated, self-disciplined individual who has a passion for travel. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
08 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Your main role will be assisting other members of staff as required and to learn about all aspects of the retail travel industry.
Duties will include:
- Welcoming, building rapport and delivering excellent customer service to our customers
- Working as part of team as well as using your own initiative
- Communicating via social media, email, telephone with customers and stakeholders
- Updating and restocking marketing materials that include: Window displays, brochures, leaflets etc
- Dealing with customers and updating customer files
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and emails
- Advising and supporting customer on their holiday arrangements
- Selling travel and related products to customers
Requirements and prospects
- People skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
- A passion for travel
- GCSEs at grades A*- C/ 9- 4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable
- To become a valued member of the Just Go Travel Trading as Hays Travel North West and progress within the company to become a travel expert of the future
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
JUST GO TRAVEL are one of the largest retail travel groups in the UK, with nearly 50 shops across Northwest England and North Wales. They are part of the Hays Travel group, the UK’s largest travel agent and have a franchise agreement to trade under the Hays Travel brand. The company is committed to the training and development of young people and many have progressed in their careers to senior roles within the company. We are delighted to partner with TrainingStation to provide the very best support to ensure our Apprentices reach their potential and achieve a recognised qualification.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by TrainingStation
Andrea Fielding 07936808138 Andrea@trainingstation.me.uk
- Level 3 Travel Consultant apprenticeship standard
- The successful candidate will be provided with full off and on the job training and will work towards Travel Consultant Standard level 3
- 20 % Off the job training will include teaching and learning sessions face to face and remote, online learning that includes developing new knowledge, skills and behaviours including Geography, Customer service and selling skills, learning about the many product and services offered in a fast paced travel environment
- Functional skills in English and maths to a level 2 standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.