IT Support Engineer Apprentice United Technology Solutions Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communication Technician with UTS Fleet an integrated software and tracking solutions company based in Stourport on Severn.
Closing date: 27 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
08 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be an integral part of a specialist technical team, responsible with support and supervision for delivering key elements of a managed support service. The role will provide an opportunity to learn and build on your technical skills and to obtain practical experience of innovative IT solutions and services.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To get acquainted with the general structure of the Company and understand the way the business functions
- Provide 1st line “deskside” technical support to customers on a variety of devices, systems, and technologies, along with supporting the “Tech Hub” facility
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to their customers
- Learn to create and maintain high quality technical documentation and provide accurate customer specific reports and troubleshooting
- Problem solving and manage workflow
- Perform various stock check requests as advised by senior’s requests
- Meet and greet our user base. Perform scheduled appointments and tasks
- Active Directory administration: create new user accounts, amend permissions, and reset network and applications passwords
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication Skills- Building good relationships is fundamental to the delivery of services
- Organisational Skills- The ability to manage your own workload and to work to team and project deadlines
- Teamwork and Cooperation- The ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a supportive work environment
- Be excited at the prospect of joining and helping grow a small but ambitious company
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude in all situations
- Communicate effectively at all levels and present ideas clearly
- Create partnerships and alliances
- Build an environment of mutual respect and trust
- Employ a team approach; recognise the balance of collaborating, leading and following
- Take calculated risks; show courage and tenacity when faced with opposition
- Plan, prioritise and focus on critical tasks
- Remain flexible and positive during the continuing development of the company’s business
- Celebrate achievements for self and others
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Good punctually
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
UTS Fleet Ltd. provides businesses with vehicle cameras, integrated software and tracking solutions for all types and sized businesses locally and nationally.Their philosophy is offering the best technology on the market, a wealth of industry knowledge and unsurpassed customer care to a plethora of businesses.Through building professional relationships, they can help their customers improve productivity, develop better management strategies, protect staff, assets and ultimately save them money.
United Technology Solutions Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Josh Ankers 01133500333 email@example.com
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.