Apprentice Early Years Practitioner-Kevin Pearce Children Centre, HX3 5RQ ref-SB333 NORTH HALIFAX PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
Do you want a childcare career? To help promote and maintain a warm, welcoming, safe, and attractive environment for the children within the centre, working to support the children’s learning, participating in the work, organisation, and development of the centre. APPLY NOW !
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
09 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties/responsibilities to include:
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care to children who access the nursery
- Ensure a high standard and quality of care is given at all times
- Work in partnership with leaders, managers, and other staff members to ensure an effectively run setting on a daily basis
- Work together as a team to provide a positive, structured, and enabling environment in which children are respected and are treated as an individual which will contribute to their play, development, and learning
- Build up and maintain strong relationships with parents and carers to enable children’s needs to be met
- Work in acquiescence with the Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework (EYFS), Legislation, and guidance outlined by Ofsted
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to understand and gain knowledge of the EYFS
- Gain knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Be responsible, patient, approachable, and caring
- Have an interest in child development
- Good communication skills
- Work well in a team as well as using individual initiative
- Develop the ability to observe, assess and report child's behaviour
- You will also be responsible for a small group of children development, by doing so complete their learning journals
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Be creative and carry out ideas in which you may have!
- Enjoy working with children
- Have a sense of humour and be fun!
- Well presented, polite, and well-spoken
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths, English and ICT are preferable
- For the successful candidate there is the opportunity for ongoing employment and progression upon completion of your relevant qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre is a 49 place day nursery that offers a range of sessions for children aged between 0 and 5 years of age. The nursery consists of the Mini Movers Unit (0-2 years) and the Early Years Unit (2 years +) The staff team at Kevin Pearce, all of which are qualified to a minimum of Level 3 or equivalent and hold a paediatric first aid certificate, strive to ensure that each individual child’s needs are met, supporting and developing their full potential so they achieve the learning and development goals, set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. Kevin Pearce has the additional benefit of having extensive outdoor facilities. We have a large secure grassed garden area, a Forest School with fully equipped POD and separate outdoor spaces for the Mini Movers.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Sally Baldwin 01709889868 email@example.com
During the apprenticeship you will complete the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Alongside the qualification you will also gain valuable knowledge and experience within a work setting.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.