Teaching Assistant Apprentice THE LEARNING ALLIANCE
We are looking for 3 individuals to join our school as a teaching assistant to help our pupils learn and develop.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
07 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assist teaching staff in the delivery of learning activities and work programmes and undertake predetermined activities with pupils so that their intellectual and social development (including self-reliance and self-esteem) is fostered.
- Provide input into the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils to enable the teaching staff to make informed decisions when developing their plans.
- Supervise the activities of individuals or groups of pupils both in and out of the classroom (including educational visits) to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development in accordance with the school's behaviour management policy.
- Monitor individual pupil’s progress, achievements and development and report these to the teaching staff/line manager to inform decisions taken regarding the Individual Education Plan, Behaviour Plans and Personal Care Programmes for a pupil.
- Liaise with parents and carers in conjunction with the teaching staff to ensure effective communication concerning the pupils' well-being.
- Record pupil information, as specified by the teaching staff/line manager to ensure that schools’ information systems are maintained.
- Attend to the personal, social and physical needs of pupils so that their well-being is maintained.
- Prepare and maintain learning equipment and ensure that the classroom is kept clean and tidy.
- Display and present the pupils' work under the direction of teaching staff, so that it enhances the classroom environment and celebrates achievement.
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training development work and staff reviews as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good with children
- Positive attitude
- Good team player
- Good pass in GCSE English and maths
A full time position may be available upon the successful completition of the apprenticeship
About the employer
‘Knutsford Academy promotes the academic success and personal development of all its students and enables them to meet the future with confidence and enthusiasm’.
Academic achievement and success is really important to us, for the qualifications students gain represent a passport through to their next stage after the Academy, be that into employment or continuing education.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in March 2016 and the inspectors were keen to point out that results are similar to or above national figures, the Academy’s good track record of raising achievement for disadvantaged students, and strong results in the Sixth Form. They also highlighted that students are safe, that behaviour is good or better, and that teachers are knowledgeable and promote positive attitudes in students.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625 410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Qualification
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.