Apprentice Hospitality Team Member – Food and Beverage Specialism IVY INN LTD 12866294
The Ivy Inn is looking for a passionate candidate to join our team as a member of the Front of House Team! This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, offering the opportunity of a career within Hospitality & Catering.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Dec 2021
08 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Standards of presentation - personal appearance, conduct, attendance & timekeeping, signing in and out
- Cleaning - tables, touchpoints, bar area, bottles, fridges, windowsills etc.
- Understanding the customer journey
- Presenting - menus, cutlery, food, sauces etc.
- Product knowledge
- Ordering - drinks and food
- Carrying plates, delivering and clearing from table
- How to take an order and check it
- How to take a drinks order
- How to prepare hot and cold drinks
- Using the tills
- Handling payments
- How to deliver and serve drinks to table
- Clearing glasses from table
- Glass washing and storage
- Communication with guests and other team members
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Recognising good customer service and implementing it
- Able to work as part of a team
- Someone who is passionate, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Someone who wants to work for a good company that rewards good people
- Someone who loves food and drink
- Someone who loves the hustle and bustle of a busy pub environment
- GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The pub is located in the village of North Littleton, Honeybourne train station is 3.4 miles away and Evesham train station is 6 miles away. Ideally, the candidate will have their own transport.
About the employer
The Ivy Inn is a gastropub located in the heart of the picturesque village of North Littleton. The Ivy Inn is now under new management as of October 2020, with the new management keen to breathe some life back into this magnificent village pub.
A pub for people with great taste, this contemporary establishment is situated in the heart of The Littletons. Boasting a lovely garden, The Ivy Inn is also a great place to enjoy al fresco dining, particularly during the summer months when the sunshine makes a welcomed appearance.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Jo Barrand, Emma Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality Team Member level 2
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours covered via workplace assessment visits
- Online/blended masterclass attendance every other week
- Online hospitality masterclass attendance, monthly.
- Functional Skills English & maths level 2 (if required)
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% off the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship – this will include online attendance for masterclasses.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.