Pharmacy Apprentice Level 2 SYNC CHEM LTD
Fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in science and an ability to learn fast to jump-start an exciting career in pharmacy. We are a community pharmacy located in Wolverhampton. Our values and mission are to provide the very best healthcare and we aim to provide the highest standard of service to all our patients.
Closing date: 20 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
24 Jan 2022
07 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to think quickly
- Computer skills useful
- The ability to work as a team
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- Honest and reliable
- Punctual, and with the attitude of wanting to learn new skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have the desire to learn
- GCSE Grades C/4 or above to include maths and English or equivalent qualifications
A successful apprenticeship may lead to a full-time permanent position.
Things to consider
Candidates need to be flexible to complete face to face interview. Trial may be necessary before successful appointment at the Pharmacy. Candidate must be in a position to commence their employment on an immediate basis.
Successful candidate must be available to commute to College for exams and any necessary training sessions when and if required.
About the employer
- Appliance dispensing
- Appointment booking available for consultations
- Appointment booking for consultations not required
- Community Pharmacy
- Electronic Prescription Service
- New medicine service
- Prescription collection from local General Practices
- Prescription delivery service
- Private consultation room
- Public Health
- Seasonal flu vaccination service (at risk groups)
- Stoma appliance customisation service
Pharmacy Service (NHS):
- Chlamydia screening and treatment
- Condom supply
- Emergency contraception
- Minor ailment service
- Post-discharge support
- Supervised consumption of medicines
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only) - currently being held virtually (subject to change)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.