Business Administration Apprentice Affinity Select Insurance Services Ltd
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our friendly insurance team. The people who choose to work for us are lovely, bright and outgoing. They’re the type of folk who want to help work with other professionals who have the power to influence and change lives. The role is based in Uckfield, East Sussex.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
07 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The purpose of the role is to create insurance solutions which provide people with the confidence to achieve their dreams. The majority of the duties will be office based, but as you grow in confidence and ability, we’ll let you out to see clients, visit Lloyds of London and our Underwriters.
Previous apprentices have represented the company at the prestigious Insurance Times awards held at the O2 where we have been a finalist three times.
Duties may include:
- Learning about Insurance and how it helps people and businesses
- Helping clients understand their insurance needs
- Talking to Insurers, presenting risks, explaining problems and creating solutions
- Preparing quotes and writing to clients
- Placing cover and collecting premiums
- Helping clients with their ongoing enquiries, including when they need to make a claim
- Negotiating with Underwriters and others
- Using multiple IT programmes such as Outlook and Word
- Communicating with clients and colleagues via email, face to face and over the phone
- Completing tasks and managing priorities
- Learning about the organisation
- Maintaining records and files
- Filing and general office admin.
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period.
Requirements and prospects
Our ideal team member will be:
- A good listener
- A great communicator - written and spoken
- Organised and interested in detail
- Sociable - loves helping others
- Able to demonstrate basic computer skills (word, email, Internet)
- Numerate and can calculate percentages
Attitude is the most important thing to us - we are looking for cheerful people who share our core
- Be prepared to take part in life and enjoy getting up each day
- Enjoy a challenge, work hard and have fun
- Care about other people - take an interest in other people and what they do
- Want to study and progress, learn and develop
- The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- It is desirable, to have A Levels in maths and English
We want to work with people who want a career in a great profession. We have a track record of offering permanent positions to apprentices who impress us, and our people go on to achieve incredible things. During your apprenticeship, and in addition to your diploma, we will support you in obtaining the Chartered Insurance Institute qualification - Foundation in Insurance.
If we offer you a permanent job, we will provide training and support in your second year which will enable you to obtain the Certificate in Insurance. We also provide support for employees who want to progress further and take the Diploma and Advanced Diploma.
Things to consider
We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows - we review apprentices’ salaries every three months. The salary will start at £13,000 per year raising to £18,000 per year on successful completion of the apprenticeship
When you’ve been with us for three months, we will offer you flexitime. You’ll be able to flex your work around our core hours to suit your lifestyle. You could also earn an extra 13 days holiday a year.
There is a cash plan scheme from day one to pay towards optical and dental treatment and a pension after 6 months.
A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. We will also need a personal credit check and a sanctions search.
About the employer
We are a Commercial Insurance Broker, specialising in Professional Indemnity and Building Project Insurance for small and medium sized enterprises. The business was started in the owner's bedroom 19 years ago and is now turning over £5.6 million per year. Amazing things happen because of the work that we do. We provide the financial foundations on which people build their dreams. From grand designs to incredible journeys we empower the peace of mind that enables great things to happen.
Our core values are to work hard but we also have fun and look after each other as a team.
We are always willing to teach others so that we continue to learn.
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings
Katie Parris 03030039871 email@example.com
- Level 3Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
20% of your contracted working hours will be spent on training. Training will be made up on shadowing other members of staff, being mentored by other members of staff, written assignments, observations, putting together a portfolio of evidence, mock assessments, any in-house training specific to the job and so on. You will be required to log all your training.
Instead of coming into college and assessor will visit you in the workplace every 4-6 weeks. If you need to complete Functional Skills your final exam will take place at one of the college campuses.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.