Apprentice Adult Care Worker GENTLE FOLK COMMUNITY CARE LTD
A great opportunity to join a well-regarded Norfolk company specialising in tailor made domiciliary care as an Adult Care Worker Apprentice. As an Apprentice you'll help befriend clients, assist with personal care, light housework, prepare food and more.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Jul 2022
07 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice, you'll help befriend clients, assist with personal care, light housework, prepare food and more. The role will include;
- Organising day/diary implementation.
- Bathing: a full strip wash, toileting, oral hygiene, hair washing and help with dressing.
- Prompting of medication.
- Diet and nutritional advice.
- Preparation and cooking of food, from a bowl of cereal or a sandwich and soup, to a full cooked meal.
- Light dusting, vacuuming and washing up.
- Washing and ironing.
- Shopping: we are insured to take our clients out in our cars to the shops to enable them to make their own choices or if preferred, we can also do the shopping for them.
Waking Nights or Sleepovers:
- Reassuring individuals.
- Some personal care.
Requirements and prospects
- Smart and responsible, with a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Good observational skills.
- Good writing skills or the ability and interest to develop them to the required standard.
- You will be working with vulnerable individuals in their own homes providing personal care, welfare checks and a variety of other tasks depending on their needs.
- You need to be patient, understanding, reliable, and honest.
- You must be someone who can encourage, support and communicate effectively and can be relied on.
- You will have a high level of personal integrity and understand the need to treat people with respect, compassion and dignity.
- If you can put yourself in others’ shoes and treat them as you would like to be treated if in the same situation, then you will be just the person for us.
- To maintain a clean and tidy appearance.
- To maintain excellent personal conduct at all times.
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to residents and the nursing home and not disclose any information to other residents, visitors or any outside party.
- Applicants must have a GCSE Grade 2/E in both English & Maths (or have passed Functional Skills Level 1).
- Applicants must also be working towards or have completed the Care Certificate.
A permanent position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the Apprenticeship. The business is looking for somebody who wants to develop and gain a full-time position following their Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Travel time and fuel will be paid for.
- You will be working a minimum 30 hours between hours of 7.30am and 9.30pm, including split shifts and occasional night shifts. There is also the expectation of working alternate weekends. You may be required to work more then the 30 hours.
- As a domiciliary position which requires you to travel to clients' homes during the working hours, you must have, or have regular access to your own transport (car, moped etc)- a candidate with a driving license is ideal. As such, public transport is not a suitable option for this role.
- Candidates must be 18+ due to the requirement to provide personal care to individuals in their own home. There will be periods of lone working (although covered by 24 hour phone support).
- Full training will be provided as part of the induction in to the care home.
- Full PPE will be provided.
About the employer
Gentle Folk Community Care Ltd wish to offer a domiciliary care service which includes personal care with a domestic service in their own home within the community.
Our aims and objectives are as follows:-
Our aim is to treat our Service Users as we would our own family members, to meet the needs of our Service Users with a service of excellence, which will exceed their expectations.
Our objectives are to enhance our Service Users' quality of living and maximise their potential to enable continued independence within their home, by offering choices, support, respect, privacy, dignity, confidentiality, independence and anti- discrimination. Treating everyone equally, respecting their human rights no matter how diverse their needs may be.
The activities we undertake for individuals include:
- Assistance with getting up and with getting into bed.
- Bathing and washing.
- Oral hygiene.
- Hair washing.
- Support with dressing and undressing.
- Cooking meals.
- Light housework (dusting, vacuuming, washing and ironing) and other light household chores.
- Administering Medication.
- Gastric feeding.
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norwich City College
City College Norwich 01603 773365 email@example.com
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker.
- Level 2 Diploma in Care (TBC).
- Care Certificate (if not already achieved).
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths.
Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 1 must achieve Level 1 and work towards Level 2 prior to completion of the Apprenticeship.
Apprentices will need to have completed their Care Certificate prior to the End Point Assessment. For the End Point Assessment, Apprentices will undertake a situational judgement test and professional discussion.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.