Apprentice Receptionist at The Whipton GP Surgery The Whipton Surgery
This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Feb 2022
07 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at The Whipton GP Practice in Exeter. This is an excellent opportunity to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you!
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
- Booking, amending, rescheduling, and cancelling patient appointments
- Distributing prescriptions
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians’ instructions
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
- Arranging transport and home visits
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order.
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is always observed.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
- Good interpersonal skills – Positive engagement, building relationships, questioning, and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of patience, empathy, and problem-solving skills, when dealing with conflict
- GCSE grade C or above in maths and English desired but not essential
- Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a Receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting.
Things to consider
- Can you get there within a reasonable time and cost?
- Have you got the skills and qualities to deal with patients and communicate effectively?
- Please note these dates should be used as a guideline only, should the right applicant be found the vacancy may close early.
About the employer
This is a busy GP Practice serving the local community of Whipton in Exeter. Providing healthcare and preventative treatments. Ensuring each patient individual needs and experience are our first consideration and at the heart of everything that we do.
The Whipton Surgery
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JAG Training
You will have on the job training within the organisation and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Customer Service Practitioner level 2 Qualification. You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a receptionist at the Whipton GP Practice.
The qualification will include: -
- Induction meeting overview of the apprenticeship programme, systems, skills scan & Individual Learning Plan.
- Understanding the organisation
- Product and service knowledge
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Personal organisation
- Communication, Interpersonal skills.
- Influential skills.
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge right the first time
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Knowing your customers
- Customer experience
- Equality, treating all customers as individuals
Your role and responsibility
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills, and experience for providing customer service including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written communications.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent Assessor Trainers. The programme is a blended combination of on the job learning plus off the job, e-learning content, and professional discussions.
If the candidate has not achieved a GSCE Grade C or Level 4 in English and Maths, then they will also be required to pass: -
Functional Skills Maths Level 1/2
Functional Skills Maths Level 1/2
This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion, and observation.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.