Early Years Apprentice (Little Pips Nursery) Curry Rivel C Of E Primary School
Our aim is to provide an excellent environment for every child; nurturing care, creative experiences and lots of happy memories. We are now looking for a new Early Years apprentice to join our team and provide that perfect environment to make sure all our children have the early years experience and support they deserve.
Closing date: today
£170.94 to £329.67
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
06 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This role may be closed early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
- Developing and promoting positive relationships with children and supporting their speech, language and communication
- Engaging with parents/carers to meet the needs of their children
- Using observations to make assessments and planning activities to meet individual needs
- Working to Early Years Foundation Stage standards
- Safeguarding children
- Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion
- Planning and supporting personal care routines, balanced meals, snacks and drinks
- Preparing activities to support children’s creativity and imaginative play
- Supporting children through transitions
Training is in Yeovil or Taunton once a fortnight.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Friendly and outgoing
- Enthusiastic, caring and sensitive to children’s needs
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Keen to take part learning as part of the apprenticeship job role
- Passionate about providing equal opportunity, family centred childcare
- Warm, caring, and approachable
- Open to change and a team player
English and maths GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
Progression to Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please consider how you will travel to the place of work, particularly if you rely on public transport.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Little Pips is open from 7.30am-6.00pm for 50 weeks of the year and we offer flexible sessions for children aged 12 weeks to 4 years old on a term-time only or all-year basis.
At Little Pips we believe that children learn best through play and exploration. Children in Little Pips are given opportunities to make choices, explore their senses and experiment in an exciting and fun environment. We value play as young children's work and all of our learning is based upon each individual child's needs and interests.
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Skills & Learning
Chelsea Edwards 07976 981937 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment – Knowledge Test and Professional Discussion
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.