Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Turmeric Gold
This is a great opportunity to work for an award-winning restaurant in Coventry as front of house, serving customers. You will be maintaining cleanliness of the restaurant area, develop skills such as silver service (training given), be a good communicator and be able to work in a busy environment.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
06 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Job role will include:
- Taking orders and serving food and drink to customers
- Silver service (training given)
- Maintain good housekeeping skills within serving and bar areas
- Understanding of customer’s needs and where appropriate, relaying the information to colleagues
- Be a good team player
- Have the ability to solve any problems that arise and think on the spot
- Keep restaurant and serving areas clean and presentable
- Upselling additional dishes to customers
Requirements and prospects
- Good at problem solving
- Good communicator
- A people person
- Smart appearance
- Willingness to ‘step up’
- Common sense
- GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths
Potential management role with delegation duties, upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role will require hardwork, willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to multiple situations.
Please consider working hours and location and please only apply if these are manageable.
Please consider logistics and transport when applying.
About the employer
Situated in prime location adjacent to the Skydome and Skydome Arena plus a stone’s throw away from the rejuvenated Belgrade Theatre, Turmeric Gold is ideally placed for that special occasion. Our restaurant is set in a four hundred year old building in the heart of Medieval Coventry.
Turmeric Gold offers top quality fusion, Indian and Thai dishes served with an unrivalled professionalism and dedication to customer satisfaction, in a glorious olde worlde setting. The building has retained much of its medieval character and charm.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
- Hospitality Team Member level 2
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours covered via workplace assessment visits
- Online/blended masterclass attendance every other week
- Online hospitality masterclass attendance, monthly
- Functional Skills English & maths level 2 (if required)
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% off the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship – this will include online attendance for masterclasses.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.