Commis Chef Apprentice Warwick Street Kitchen
WSK is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic chef who wants to learn while working in a fun, fresh kitchen. WSK is a seasonal café that makes everything on site. We have a strong family vibe and work hard to improve each other every day. If you want to work in a fresh kitchen and still be home for dinner, then this is the role for you.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
06 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Warwick Street Kitchen is an award-winning cafe in Leamington Spa and we're looking for a motivated chef to join our enthusiastic kitchen team.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- As chef you will be part of the team responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen and must have a love for running the line
- You will be assisting the creation of our seasonal menus and daily specials
- Be in charge of ordering, stock control and health and safety procedures
- We also offer an impressive range of baked goods including doughnuts, chelsea buns and other pastry items
We're a small team that always have each others backs and love what we do. We serve brunch, lunch, speciality coffee and cakes and baked goods. Everything is homemade. We work incredibly sociable hours and we're always pushing each other to be better at what we do.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic chef to help us carry on building this brand.
Check us out on social media to see more of what we do:
Requirements and prospects
- Entry level interest in fresh food
- A desire to learn a lot
- GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths
We hire for the long term, ideally, you’d join us permanently as a line chef. When roles such as sous come up, we always hire from within. We are also looking to expand locally, so more roles with responsibility come up regularly.
Things to consider
The role requires full days in a fast paced kitchen.
Awareness that you are expected to be reliable, turn up on time and work hard is needed.
We have fun at work though and a hardworking, but enthusiastic attitude is everything.
About the employer
Warwick Street Kitchen is an independent cafe located in the heart of Leamington Spa specialising in coffee, brunch, lunch, doughnuts & cake. We run a fresh kitchen where everything is seasonal and made on site.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Emma Rogers Jo Barrand firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commis Chef level 2
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours covered via workplace assessment visits
- Attendance at Rugby College for face to face teaching, weekly at most
- Online/blended masterclass as required
- Online hospitality masterclass attendance, as required
- Functional, Skills English & maths level 2 (if required)
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% off the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship – this will include online attendance for masterclasses.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.