Warehouse Operative Apprentice Cordee Ltd
Working alongside the warehouse supervisor and two full time packers, you will be responsible for the day-to-day handling of goods-in and goods-out and for the smooth and efficient running of this area of the business.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
06 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The team consists of: one warehouse supervisor and two full time packers. The team is responsible for the day-to-day handling of goods-in and goods-out and for the smooth and efficient running of this area of the business. During busy periods temporary staff are hired to meet demand.
The main tasks carried out by the warehouse operatives are:
- Primary role - packing customer orders for dispatch and dispatching i.e. picking and packing of book and map orders for UK and export customers, this includes the preparation of accompanying paperwork including customs documentation where necessary.
- Provide back up support to Goods-in as required.
- Carrying out other duties relevant to the position as and when they may arise, such as picking.
- The team is expected to keep its environment clean and tidy and to ensure adequate stock levels of consumables on their workstation i.e. cartons, vinyl tape, labels etc.
- Preparing outgoing post from warehouse and office.
Requirements and prospects
- No prior experience required as full training will be provided
- Excellent attention to detail and good levels of accuracy
- Good time management
- Ability to work as a team
- Flexible and positive approach to the tasks required
- Ability to work to pressurised time deadlines
- Accuracy and care when handling orders and preparing accompanying paperwork
- Basic computer literacy is required for printing invoices and carrier labels
- Willing to learn and progress
- GCSE Maths and English at E/2 or above
Permanent position for successful candidate and progression routes into management/higher apprenticeship. The company have a high staff retention rate and are keen for someone who wants to stay with the company and grow and develop with them.
Things to consider
Some manual handling will be required - Lifting of boxes of books necessary therefore please be aware of this when applying.
About the employer
We're over 40 years old!!
Having started life as a sole distributor for rock climbing guidebooks published by the largest climbing clubs in the UK, the business now includes distribution of titles encompassing all outdoor activities. While climbing remains at our core we've seen cycling books flourish in the last few years and who'd heard of kayak fishing 10 years ago?
In 2008 we outgrew our premises in Leicester and bit the bullet and relocated to Hinckley. We had been packing our orders onto pallets in the carpark! Now we work from a 14500 sq ft purpose-built warehouse and have more than 1,250,000 items in stock at any one time.
Owned and managed by Chris Balic and Jim Wilson, with lots of support from the team, Cordee now has a unique and world-renowned catalogue of books and maps that is used by the recreation and book trade throughout the UK and the world - our challenge is to support our publishers by keeping the market supplied with their unique books.
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
Supply chain warehouse operative standard (delivered within the workplace)
Functional skills Maths, English and IT if required
Option to attend business skills workshops (1/2 day a fortnight online)
In house training
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.