Furniture Manufacturing Apprenticeship THE REAL KITCHEN COMPANY LTD
We wish to recruit a keen Apprentice to join our Furniture making team. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Furniture Making through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce specialist components and different types of kitchen units.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
06 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Being a Furniture Manufacturer is a skilled trade with excellent career opportunities. You will learn a mixture of assembly techniques using a variety of tools and equipment including CNC and Wood machines. You must have excellent attention to detail and strive for perfection.
Duties will include:
- Picking from raw materials - gaining knowledge of timber technology
- Working from cutting lists, technical drawings and specifications
- Measuring and marking out components
- Marking out and cutting hand joints including dovetail, finger and mortice and tenon joints
- Producing prototypes
- Completing assembly including jointing side panels, cross components and fitting tops and bottoms
- Construction of drawer boxes and doors
- Operate CNC machines and equipment to meet company requirments
- Quality checking your work throughout
- Understanding the principles of CNC, how to set up and operate
- Mounting of fixings including hinges, locks and catches
- Sanding ready for finishing
- Operating hand tools including chisels, screwdrivers and mallets
- Operating power tools including hand routers, biscuit jointers and staple guns
- Operating powered machinery including dimension saw, planer, table routers to produce components required for cabinet making
- Final quality control checks
- Some roles you will be required to produce bespoke one-off pieces where in other roles, repetition is to be expected
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to become a Furniture Manufacturer:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to be able to speak to other departments regarding modifying drawings and cutting lists
- Ability and willing to learn skills and production techniques
- Good numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to work under pressure
- This is an exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career in Furniture Manufacturing
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, assertive, willing to learn, a team player and flexible in their approach to work
None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Furniture Making
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility
- Operating CAD software
Things to consider
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
About the employer
“The Real Kitchen Company” works closely with its showroom network and design professionals to produce not only tailor made kitchens, but also, any other furniture solutions that might be required to include bedroom, bathroom, library and home study solutions.
From its Ripley, Derbyshire workshops, the highest quality timbers - from sustainable sources - and the very best components are combined with the skills of the traditional cabinet maker and fellow artisans to produce commissions that are perfectly suited to individual architectural proportions, tastes and requirements.
Traditional in-frame, contemporary or a blend of styles can be achieved along with a multitude of finishes to include beautiful natural timbers and sumptuous paint finishes.
It’s this level of flexibility and quality along with a realistic pricing structure that endears “The Real Kitchen Company” to its loyal customer base of retailers, design professionals and developers.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Emma Dougan 07974 986903 firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Furniture Manufacturer standard.
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on Day release basis which is once per week, the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Furniture Manufacturing to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke furniture using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.